OUR PRODUCTION PHILOSOPHY
Now in our 16th year of commercial operation, we have 3 distilleries on 3 separate locations, comprising a total of 38 acres.
We have more than 20 stills in our stable across these locations, including local Australian custom made copper stills, a rescued 1960’s Australian classic giant, an Italian still and one from the USA, and a 1920’s Australian gin still made in Adelaide.
We also use the latest hi-tech scientific commercial continuous vacuum distillation technology at Giniversity. We hold over 2,000 barrels of whisky in varying sizes in our 2 barrel stores.
Our oldest whisky in barrel is 16 years old, and was distilled in 2005. It is worth remembering, on a global scale, we are tiny.
We are a group of dedicated crafts people all working towards the goal of creating the best spirits in the World.
PRODUCTION OVERVIEW - GREAT SOUTHERN DISTILLING CO - ALBANY Distillery
PRODUCTION OVERVIEW - GREAT SOUTHERN DISTILLING CO - PORONGURUP Distillery
PRODUCTION OVERVIEW - MARGARET RIVER DISTILLING CO
STABLE OF STILLS
- 3,500 litre copper pot still - made in Adelaide, refurbished in Albany, Australia
- 1,800 litre copper wash still - made Tasmania, Australia
- 1,000 litre copper spirit still - made in Albany Australia
- 800 litre copper batch column pot still - Made by Frilli, Italy.
- 750 litre copper batch column pot still - made by ADE, USA
- 500 litre stainless batch column pot still
- 20 litre glass rotating evaporator vacuum continuous still
- 50 litre stainless pot still
- 8 x 2 litre glass ‘excise condenser’ botanical extraction pot stills.
- 6 x 2 litre copper botanical extraction pot stills.
- 800 litre 1920’s Australian Gin Still - retired, on display
- 500 litre Limeburners Spirit Still (2004 - 2020) - retired